EPIC (Exploring Possible Industries & Careers) is a large scale event that features a variety of career pathways from a wide variety of different sectors. Up to 1200 grade 9-12 students have the chance to explore a range of career pathways in a meaningful way. The interactive nature of EPIC allows students to connect directly with industry professionals and get a glimpse of what it might be like to work in that specific field. As well, exhibitors have the opportunity to showcase their business and meet future prospects. With up to 100 different occupations present, students will be sure to learn about how they can take their next career step.
Students can expect to:
- Be registered in cohort groups of 6 students.
- Meet 5 hosts working in a variety of industries – students can start their own network of contacts.
- Participate in interactive displays – rather than just talking to hosts, students will experience a small part of the job and gain a greater insight into what the occupation involves.
- Learn what it takes to work in those specific occupations, including the highlights/low-lights of the job.
Watch for exhibitors registering in the fall… Check back often to see all the exciting hosts attending to share their careers with you!
Interested in being a 2023 Event Sponsor? Details coming soon here, or call the office at 403-328-3996.
2022 EXPLORATION ZONE SPONSORS
Interested in being a 2023 Zone Sponsor? Details coming soon here, or call the office at 403-328-3996.
Date: April 5, 2023
Location: Exhibition Park – Lethbridge
- 12:00-4:30pm – Exhibitor set-up
- 7:30-8:45am – Exhibitor set-up
- 9:00-9:10am – Morning students arrive
- 9:15-11:15am – Morning session
- 11:30am-12:00pm – Exhibitor lunch
- 12:00-12:10pm – Afternoon students arrive
- 12:15-2:15pm – Afternoon session
- 2:30pm – Clean up time
Career Transitions continually seeks companies interested in supporting EPIC.
Interested in attending? Watch for the 2023 registration package coming in the early fall.
Looking for more information about becoming an exhibitor and/or how to support this great event?
Check out last year’s Exhibitor Package: EPIC Exhibitor Package 2022 – updated package coming in the fall
Various sponsorship options are available to sponsor this great event: EPIC Sponsorship package 2022 – updated sponsorship package coming in the fall
Additional questions? Please call our office at 403-328-3996
EPIC 2022 will look very different from prior years. Teachers, make sure you check out the Teachers Package which details those changes.
There is also a 10-minute video that outlines the event, specifically geared towards our Grade 9 partner schools. Check it out here: EPIC Video
Contact the Career Transitions office (email@example.com) if you have any questions or concerns about the event.