EPIC (Exploring Possible Industries & Careers) DAY is a large-scale, 2-part, career exploration event that features a variety of career pathways for up to 1200 high school students to explore.
For half the day, students are introduced to these pathways in a meaningful and experiential manner by connecting directly with business and industry representatives and getting a glimpse of what it might be like to work in various fields. Ideally, students will get to explore one occupation from each of the following industries: Agriculture/Environment, Health, STEM, Trades, plus one other miscellaneous occupation that does not fall within these 4 sectors. Local industry professionals showcase their businesses and connect with their future workforce… your students!
During the other half of the day, students will tour a local business, discovering firsthand how different occupations contribute to producing quality produces and services.
Students can expect to:
- Be registered in cohort groups of 6 students.
- Meet 5 hosts working in a variety of industries – students can start their own network of contacts.
- Participate in interactive displays – rather than just talking to hosts, students will experience a small part of the job and gain a greater insight into what the occupation involves.
- Learn what it takes to work in those specific occupations, including the highlights/low-lights of the job.
- Tour a local business, discovering how many different occupations contribute to that business’ day-to-day operations.
Check out all the great exhibitors registered for EPIC DAY 2023 (updated November 22, 2022)!
- Ability Resource Association – Zone Sponsor!
- Agriculture for Life
- Alberta Canola Producers – Zone Sponsor!
- Alberta Conservation Association
- Alberta Health Services (5 booths)
- Alberta Motor Transport Association
- Champion Taekwon-Do
- City of Lethbridge
- Davis GMC Buick Lethbridge
- Draffin’s Pharmasave
- Fill Your Cup Counselling
- Intuition Tattoo & Piercing
- Lethbridge College (2 booths)
- Lethbridge School Division
- Mother Nurture Massage & Doula Services
- Plants Dig Soil Consulting
- Prairie Sky RV
- Precon Manufacturing Ltd
- Rocky Mountain Equipment
- Shauna Gruninger Group – REMAX Real Estate – Lethbridge – Zone Sponsor!
- Snip Salon Boutique
- Southern Alberta Institute of Massage
- Tetra Tech LGEO
- TForster Technology – Zone Sponsor!
- Ultimate Auto Care
- University of Lethbridge (2 booths)
- Vestas Canadian Wind
- YMCA of Lethbridge (2 booths)
Be sure to check back often as the list grows!
2023 EVENT SPONSORS
Interested in being a 2023 Event Sponsor? There are only 5 event sponsorships available so don’t delay – Sign up HERE, or call the office at 403-328-3996.
2023 EXPLORATION ZONE SPONSORS
Interested in being a 2023 Zone Sponsor? There are only 20 zone sponsorships available so don’t delay – Sign up HERE, or call the office at 403-328-3996.
Date: April 5, 2023
Career Conference Location: Exhibition Park – Lethbridge
- 12:00-4:30pm – Exhibitor set-up
- 7:30-8:45am – Exhibitor set-up
- 9:00-9:10am – Morning students arrive
- 9:15-11:15am – Morning session
- 11:30am-12:00pm – Exhibitor lunch
- 12:00-12:10pm – Afternoon students arrive
- 12:15-2:15pm – Afternoon session
- 2:30pm – Clean up time
Career Transitions continually seeks companies interested in supporting EPIC DAY. There are now more opportunities than ever to get involved through participating at the Career Conference, as a Business Tour Host and/or Sponsoring. Check out the EPIC DAY Partner Package for more information.
More questions? Please call our office at 403-328-3996 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
EPIC 2023 will look very similar to last year. Teachers, you can check out the Teachers Package from last year for some details. There are a few changes coming so watch for the updated package in November.
There is also a 10-minute video that outlines the event, specifically geared towards our Grade 9 partner schools. Check it out here: EPIC Video
Contact the Career Transitions office (email@example.com) if you have any questions or concerns about the event.